Time for Another Colonoscopy

I had an appointment with my GI specialist today. It took a while to decide the next course of action to take. We could of continued another round of conservative treatment or I could get a Colonoscopy which is what I opted for. It would be nice to finally have an answer to what is going on. It’ll be easier to get an answer if my doctor can see what’s going on inside my colon. My doctor thinks at this point that it could either be Ulcerative Colitis or Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS).

I will be having my colonoscopy the 12th of December. It was the soonest that they could get me in that fit with my schedule. Until then my doctor wants me to take a fiber supplement once a day to hopefully get everything more regular. We will see if it helps with the abdominal pain or not. I’m hoping to have an answer after this Colonoscopy. It would be nice to know what is going on, what the cause is and how it’s treated. This has been going on for three years and it would be so nice to finally have an answer.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s