I feel that I have reached the point where I need to decide what my next move is. The budesonide isn’t working anymore. If it ever was. But anyways, my symptoms are getting bad again. The abdominal pain is back, along with my stools being messed up and let’s not forget the blood.
This has been going on for a couple of weeks. I was hoping that it would go away. Or get better. Something besides slowly getting worse. Currently I feel like someone is stabbing me in the abdomen. It’s also been hard to get going in the morning for work. It can take an hour or so before my stomach decides it’s awake and I never know how bad the episode will be when I get up in the morning.
So now I need to decide if I’m just going to call my GI and just go on the immunosupressors or if I want to go and get a second opinion. I’m leaning towards the second opinion just in case the other GI has seen a case like mine before. It’s worth a shot at least. I am worried about going on the immunosupressors especially since I work in a hospital setting. I’m not really sure how that would work. I may just have to wear gloves and a surgical mask.
I’m still waiting to see the final results from my insurance company. From what I can find out online I’m going to pay a much smaller amount. It looks like they’re paying for more of my hospital stay and they covered part of the Prometheus test. Now I’m just waiting for the updated bills to show up to know for sure. But if I do owe much less that will be a huge weight off of my shoulders!