Well, apparently I miss understood the call I received June 5th about the Cimzia. It was pending when that call took place. It’s not approved because it’s not a ‘preferred’ drug. So I will probably be going on Humira. Or something. I need to find out what my new GI wants to do. So I will be calling Dr. S on Monday to see what the game plan is. She may want to wait until my labs come back.
It just fucking sucks. I would like to get some relief. And now it’s going to take another few weeks to get it.
So, fuck insurance companies and their preferred drug lists. And their out of network bullshit. FUCK THEM ALL.
And please don’t tell me that it’ll all work out and to be positive. I know that it will eventually work out but, as a sick person with an incurable autoimmune disease, I’m allowed to be pissed off.
This is how I feel about my call with CareMark when I talked with them this evening: