WEGO Health: You’ve crossed the #HAWMC finish line. Recap the past month for us. What did you enjoy, what didn’t you enjoy? Favorite prompt?
I haven’t ever blogged every day for a month straight. It was a lot of stuff to cover but I did enjoy doing it. My least favorite prompt was the HEALTH acronym day. I couldn’t think of anything besides hope. Some of my favorite topics were where I got to talk about traveling, the word cloud and perfect comeback.
I’m looking forward to participating in this again next year!
WEGO Health: There’s a reason why we have the saying, “Hindsight is 20/20.” What do you wish you had known at the beginning of your patient journey that would have made it easier and less scary?
- I wish I had known to push the issue more with my old doctor’s nurse when I’m not feeling well. I was pretty sick in December of 2013 and I should of explained what was going on better.
- Never be afraid to get a second opinion.
- People are going to suggests a lot of diets and weird treatments to you. It can be hard to be nice when people do that.
- You will lose friends and it will be hard. But you’ll find awesome people to call your friends who can relate to your disease. I met a lot of people on twitter who are so supportive.
- Sometimes, you’ll have to ask for help even if you don’t want too.
- There’s also times you’ll have to go to the hospital even though you don’t feel like you’re dying. It takes a lot to admit that you need to go. But it can be the best thing that you do for yourself.
- It’s hard to explain to people how sick you are and how much the fatigue affects you. All you can do is keep trying.
- The best thing you can do for yourself is to focus on what you can do every day instead of what you can’t do. Life won’t be as frustrating once you do that.
- Keep track of a food journal so you can track your symptoms and figure out what food affects you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- If your treatment isn’t working, call your doctor.
- Stay hydrated as best as you can.
- Get calmoseptine ointment
WEGO Health: What’s your favorite health-related product? Share it with your community and tell them why you love it so much and how it has helped you on your patient journey.
My favorite health related product is Calmoseptine Ointment. It is a miracle worker when it comes to have a raw and sore bum from having so much diarrhea.
WEGO Health: Use “health” as an acronym and come up with words that represent your Health Activist journey.
The only thing I can think of is Hope. I hope that there is a cure one day for IBD. I hope that one day that people will be more understanding of invisible diseases.
WEGO Health: Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes, the type of day we have is out of our control, but other times, we can influence how our day is going. Come up with 5 tips for changing your frame of mind when you’re having a bad day!
- Take a deep breath
- Play some video games where I can kill things
- Listen to angry music
- Go to the gym